Boys JV soccer concludes season with two devastating losses against the Lowell Red Arrows and the FHN Huskies

This past week the JV boys soccer team took on two OK White conference teams: the FHN Huskies and the Lowell Red Arrows. The boys’ were not able to secure a win in either of the games and lost to the Huskies with a score of 7-0, and the Red Arrows with a score of 2-0. 

The Rangers were not able to pull off a win against the Huskies, and succumbed to this cross-town rival. Despite this, several Rangers had impressive performances and helped the team hold their ground. Sophomore Ryan Fitzgerald never stopped in the forward half of the game and was able to be an outlet for his teammates on the attacking side. Fellow sophomore, Gavin O’Meara, also had a solid game, and through his communication, led the defensive line throughout the game. Freshman Noah Burr controlled the midfield and distributed the ball well. 

Next up the Rangers took on the Red Arrows only giving up two goals; however, they weren’t able to score any goals of their own, resulting in the 2-0 loss. Sophomore duo Ryan Fitzgerald and Nick Grooters had a lot of opportunities on goal and helped to create them for their teammates as well. Another Ranger who’s playing throughout the game was highly impactful to the team was sophomore AJ Knapp. AJ won, and controlled balls through the middle, and was very effective on both the attacking and defensive sides. 

With these two games, the boys JV soccer team has officially come to an end for the 2019 season.