Ranger Freshman Football Defeats Ottawa Hills In a Hard Fought 34-6 Win

Tensions were high between both teams in a game filled with penalty flags and high emotions. With 2 minutes to go in the game, these tensions turned physical after a Ottawa Hills player got in the face of running back freshman Hayden Sarjeant. This led to a 15 yard Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalty for Ottawa Hills.

“I feel like they turned it into more of a brawl than a game once they realized that they couldn’t come back, and we don’t back down from anybody,” Quarterback Jimmy Scholler said.

Despite the physical play of Ottawa Hills, the Rangers of FHC prevailed with a 34-6 win.

The Ranger defense played very well only giving up one touchdown on the day. The Ranger secondary and d-line played well top to bottom.

“Our secondary is insane, Me, Wyatt Engler, Trevor Lewis, and Isaac Shomin all played extremely well today,” Freshman Jackson Clay said. “Our defensive line played insane too, which opened up opportunities for the secondary to make plays.”

The Offense of the Rangers was very good today as well.The Ranger offense managed to put up 34 points on a very fast and athletic Ottawa Hills defense.

“The Offense performed well today,” Jimmy said. “We had great blocking up front, which allowed many more scoring chances for us.”

The Rangers travel to Greenville next week and look to improve their record to 4-0 after 3 straight wins to start off the year.

“The key to win the next game is just playing as a team,” Clay said. “We need to keep up on our team chemistry.”