Staff Q&As: Lauren Batterbee
Name: Lauren Batterbee
Position: Staff Writer
Semesters spent on TCT: 1
1. Why did you decide to join TCT?
“I decided to join TCT because I had heard that people really liked Mr. George, and they enjoyed the class and atmosphere.”
2. How has TCT helped you grow as a writer and person?
“TCT has helped me grow as a writer because it has made me improve my punctuation and editing skills. I have grown as a person because I am starting to get more comfortable sharing.”
3. If you were a type of cheese, what type of cheese would you be?
“I think if I were a type of cheese, I would be Swiss cheese because I have lots of problems—or quirks—but they are the kind you need. They are supposed to be there.”
4. What is your favorite thing about writing?
“Writing allows me to have a voice. I don’t really like to speak in front of people, but with writing, I can still get my ideas out. Also, writing on TCT lets me meet new people.”
5. What’s your funniest story of complications while working on a story?
“I haven’t really had any complications, but whenever I try to pull someone out of class for an interview, the teacher is usually teaching, so I have to go back multiple times.”
6. What’s your favorite literary character and why?
“That is an evil question and too hard to answer. Skip.”
7. What is your favorite type of story to write and why?
“My favorite type of story to write is a column. They let me write about whatever pops into my mind and explore that idea. They also help me to think about things more.”
8. What are your aspirations for the upcoming decade?
“My aspiration for this decade is to be less stressed, which might work better in the later years of this decade. Who knows?”