Staff Q&As: Grace Pennington
Name: Grace Pennington
Position: Staff Writer
Semesters spent on TCT: 1
1. Why did you decide to join TCT?
“I decided to join TCT because Mr.George spoke very highly of, not only the class, but the people in the class frequently during my Honors English class last year.”
2. How has TCT helped you grow as a writer and person?
“TCT has helped me grow as a writer because it has pushed me to think of new and creative things to write.”
3. If you were a type of cheese, what type of cheese would you be?
“I would be bleu cheese—only because it is my favorite.”
4. What is your favorite thing about writing?
“My favorite thing about writing is being able to physically see my thoughts.”
5. What’s your funniest story of complications while working on a story?
“One time, I emailed a student [to ask] if I could do a profile on them, and their one-word emailed response was ‘no.'”
6. Who’s your favorite literary character and why?
“My favorite literary character is Leni from The Great Alone because she shows a lot of strength through a difficult time. ”
7. What is your favorite type of story to write and why?
“My favorite type of story to write is columns because they are the most personal.”
8. What are your aspirations for the upcoming decade?
“I hope that during this new decade, I find a secure group of long-term friends that I know I can count on.”