Staff Q&As: Kyle Basher
Name: Kyle Basher
Position: Staff Writer
Semesters spent on TCT: 1
1. Why did you decide to join TCT?
“I had done my own writing project for about a year and developed a love for writing. One day, Mr. George came into my English class to talk about Honors English 10 and TCT. I put two and two together and decided to join TCT.”
2. How has TCT helped you grow as a writer and person?
“I have learned how to better express myself as a person and writer.”
3. If you were a type of cheese, what type of cheese would you be?
“I think I would be swiss. I feel that I am still finding out who I am, so it feels like parts of me are missing or empty.”
4. What is your favorite thing about writing?
“My favorite thing to write about are the things I don’t have the confidence to say aloud.”
5. What’s your funniest story of complications while working on a story?
“[It’s] not something that is necessarily funny, but when I worked on the personal project from earlier, I made a lot of typos. It was always fun to go back and see what I did wrong with spelling and grammar.”
6. Who’s your favorite literary character and why?
“I don’t have a favorite literary character. I don’t think I really can relate enough to one to like them.”
7. What is your favorite type of story to write and why?
“I really like columns and editorials because they let me speak my mind on opinions.”
8. What are your aspirations for the upcoming decade?
“I want to grow as a person and not hide how I feel because I’m scared of how others will react. I also want to learn how to ask for help as I have had much trouble with that.”