Freshman basketball finishes season with a 73-61 loss against Unity Christian

Freshman Owen Meyer finished off his freshman season with one of his best games yet, racking up 18 points on Thursday. However, Unity Christian came out with the win over the Rangers 73-61. Unity Christian has a strong freshman team, and they pulled away at the end to secure the win, but it did not come without a fight from our freshmen.

Freshman Lannan Partlo drilled two three-pointers early to help get the boys off the ground. FHC was able to get off to a decent start but trailed Unity 31-27 at the end of the first half. In the third quarter, the freshmen came out strong. 

“We came out swinging in the third quarter and were able to gain a solid lead heading into the fourth,” assistant coach Matt Ellis said.

This lead did not last long for FHC. Unity Christian came out extremely hot in the fourth quarter, shooting 10-12 in the last quarter of the game and 6-6 from the three-point line. 

“It was too much to overcome,” Ellis said. “We tried switching defenses, matchups, presses, everything. Nothing slowed them down, and we fought until the end but couldn’t overcome it.”

Owen Meyer and fellow freshman Levi McKenzie tried their hardest to keep the Rangers in the game, both scoring in the double digits. 

This game concludes the Rangers season, finishing with an overall record of 14-6. This season wraps up an introduction to the Rangerball program for the freshmen, and they are looking forward to continuing the tradition.

“This year was very successful,” Timothee Larmande said. “I am glad to be apart of the Rangerball family,  and I look forward to keep on winning with the program.”