Name: Quentin Rudolph
1. How are you acclimating to the switch to Canvas?
“It’s been kind of tough, because not all my teachers have been using [Canvas], and there isn’t much transparency when it comes to where to turn in assignments.”
2. Do you feel like switching to Canvas has improved your learning and/or the structure and organization of your classes?
“No, not at all. I feel it had done actually the opposite.”
3. What do you believe are the advantages of Canvas?
“The only advantage is [that] there is accessibility to more links.”
4. What do you believe are the disadvantages of Canvas?
“The disadvantages are that many teachers and students are still learning how to fully use [Canvas], which is causing a lot of confusion.”
5. Was your initial view of canvas different at the beginning than it is now after some weeks of use?
“Yes. As I’ve been able to ask questions and get more used to it, I’ve definitely shifted to more of a positive outlook on it.
6. Are most of your teachers’ Canvas pages organized similarly?
“Most of my teachers have been organizing their pages similarly, with a few exceptions of teachers who are still using Google Classroom more [often] than Canvas.”
7. Do you have a teacher(s) that is thriving while using Canvas more so than Google Classroom?
“Yes. Mr. Scholten and Mrs. Chadderdon have both been teachers that have made their content more organized with the help of Canvas.”