4 Struggles of Senior Year

ilma seperovic, Social Media Manager

1. The drainage of motivation. It’s gone, completely and utterly gone. I have lost every ounce of drive that fueled these past four years. I am running out of gas and am in desperate need of a full tank. “I’ll do it at home,” I tell myself, (comes home) “I’ll do it in the morning” (in class) “Well… you see…(excuse)”. This is a daily repetition. It’s become an ingrained routine as if it was a daily routine of brushing my teeth in the morning. I can’t seem to get out of it’s just so compelling to just do nothing. I never in my life thought that the idea of just laying in bed staring at the wall would become a hobby of mine but it has. And it’s a hobby I’m pretty devoted to.
  2. The issue of Priorities. The first test that we will ensure that transcend to our adult life. I’m personal struggling a lot with this I’m finding myself spending my entire weekends with friends, going to sporting events. Trying to do as much before the timer run out, and it’s getting out of hand. I’m neglecting school work. Leaving it till the last minute then becoming overwhelmed and stressed to the point where I can’t even fathom doing it. I’m becoming an adult in a few short month and this will be a reality check. I’m not a little girl anymore, I need to take responsibility for my life and get my crap together. Prioritizing your time and being as effective as possible is just one of the issues enduring during your senior year.
  3. College. That word only creates an earthquake within me waiting to happen in seconds. “What applications have you finished.” “Have you heard back yet?” “Have you applied for Scholarships?” “How many?” “when will you finish?” “what’s the deadline?” And then it erupts. I can’t stress how annoying and cationic these simple questions cause me to feel. I understand they just want to see how I’m doing and see if I’m accepted. But constantly reminding of the fact that I haven’t done nor heard from colleges will drive me insane and further into a spiraling downfall.
  4. Happiness. The struggle of not focusing on the sadness of this being is sometimes too much. I find myself moping around and feeling depressed that this will be the last time I will hold the status of being an FHC student. I can’t seem to even think of relinquishing that away from myself. The nostalgia is a wave in the tremendous hurricane of high school taking its last hit on me before it seizes its strength and moves onto another.