Winterfest Court Q&A: Luke Matelic
1. What was your reaction when finding out about your nomination?
”When I found out I was nominated, I was very surprised, but I was grateful that my classmates thought of me.”
2. What is your favorite Winterfest activity and why?
“My favorite Winterfest activity is probably the snowbank sculptures just because I love the snow.”
3. Why do you think you were nominated?
“I have no idea why I was nominated.”
4. Who wasn’t nominated for court who you would choose and why?
“I would say [senior] Morghan Tilton because she treats everyone with kindness and doesn’t change who she is to fit in. [Also, senior] Jacob Campbell because he is the best person that I know.”
5. If you could only listen to one song for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
“I love music way too much to make that decision.”
6. On a scale of 1-10 how well does your car drive in the snow and why?
“My car is an 11/10 in the snow—straight tank.”
7. Do you have a nickname, if so, what is it and why?
”My nickname is ‘Gus.’ The seniors on the lacrosse team gave it to me [my] freshmen year because ‘there couldn’t be two Luke’s on the team,’ and there was already [graduated senior] Luke Majick. After that, my friends started calling me ‘Gus,’ and it just stuck.”