Jadelin Hinkel

Student Council Q&As: Gabby Hendricks

Name: Gabby Hendricks

Class: 2023

1. What position are you running for?

“I am running for class President.”

2. Why did you decide to run?

“I decided to run because I have been involved in Student Council since fifth grade, and both of my brothers were always their class’ presidents too.”

3. What are the main promises of your campaign?

“Main promises of my campaign include increasing the social media communication and in-person communication in general between Student Council and the student body to have more class participation and class voice. I also want to focus on making Prom more special this year, especially coming off of an entire year without any dances.”

4. What are a few things you’ve learned from this experience?

“I have learned about how influential a broad group of Student Council members from different friend groups can be on gaining class participation from more groups of friends. I have also learned more about being a voice for my class and learning about the ways to be positively influential on my class members.”

5. What are you most excited to be a part of organizing?

“I am excited about organizing Prom for our juniors and seniors next year to [give] everyone the school dance experience back since they missed so much this year and even last year.”

6. Why should your class vote for you?

“My class should vote for me because I have a lot of experience doing the tasks that Student Council members are expected to do, and I can get everyone involved to have a lot of fun and also get back all of the activities they missed this year and last year due to online school and restrictions.”