Play Q&As: Abby Berlin
Name: Abby Berlin
1. What is your role?
“I play Mrs. Shears and Punk Girl.”
2. Why did you decide to try out for the play?
“I decided to try out for the play because a lot of my friends were doing it, and I thought [because] it was senior year, why not?”
3. What do you have in common with your character?
“I love my dog. That’s what I have in common with her.”
4. What kind of show should FHC be expecting?
“FHC should be expecting a serious show with a bunch of twists and turns. It’s kind of like a murder mystery.”
5. Do you have a favorite memory from your time in the play?
“My favorite memory from the play would have to be the bonding party where we went bowling and we came to my house. It was really nice after a long practice.”
6. What are you most excited about?
“I’m most excited about performing it all together. This is my first play that I’ve been in, so it’s been a lot of fun.”
7. How do you get into character before performing?
“I imagined that someone murdered my dog, which is kind of morbid, but that’s exactly what happens to my character. So I just think about that, and then I get sad.”
8. If you were any Shakespeare play, which would you be and why?
“I’ve really only read Romeo and Juliet, so I guess that one, but instead, we both live.”