FHC’s Got Talent Q&As: Josie Butler & Lauren Roth
Name: Josie Butler
Act/position: Singing with piano
Partner(s): Sophomore Lauren Roth
1. What is one word you’d use to describe your act?
2. Why did you decide to try out for FHC’s Got Talent?
Lauren: “Since we’ve been doing [the talent show] together for so long, I think we should just do it all through high school.”
3. What preparation has gone into your performance?
Josie: “Not a lot. Our audition was the first time doing it together.”
4. What’s another act you’re most excited to watch?
Lauren: “I’m excited to watch the senior guys’ act because they didn’t have an act last year.”
5. Why should people come watch the show?
Josie: “[The performers] get to pick what they want to do. With things like the play, it’s sort of done for you, but with this, you get to choose [your act].”
6. When did you acquire your talent?
Lauren: “I’ve been playing piano since I was six.”
7. If you had to choose either Alvin, Simon, or Theodore, which chipmunk could you relate to most and why?
Josie: “I’d probably say Simon because I’m kind of in the background, but also takes charge of everything.”