Winterfest Court Q&As: Katherine Hartman
1. What was your reaction to getting nominated on court?
“I was super surprised to be nominated. I think that there are a lot of other people that deserved to be on it, but I was happy to know some of my classmates voted for me.”
2. What does it mean to you to be nominated?
“I’m happy to be nominated with such a great group of people. Everyone on this court is so funny, kind, authentic, and I love being able to be with them.”
3. Who’s someone that should’ve been nominated for court and wasn’t?
“There are a ton of great people in our school that should’ve been nominated. Avery Verlinde, Rachel Marco, and Ruthie VanSkiver are some girls that I love and wanted to see up there, and Joey Seurynck and Pierson VanGorp are both great guys too.”
4. What is your favorite Winterfest tradition and why?
“I am so excited for Macho Volleyball. I think it’s going to be so funny, and I can’t wait to see all the boys play.”
5. What’s your favorite type of pasta and why?
“One of my favorites is chicken pesto pasta; I love when my mom makes it–it’s the best.”
6. Describe the weirdest dream you’ve ever had.
“I swear I’m not making this up, but one time I had a dream that the lion, Alex, from Madagascar was chasing me through a bunch of automatic doors. The doors wouldn’t open, and it was so stressful. I still remember it to this day.”
7. What’s one song you hope they’ll play at the dance?
“Honestly, I would love to hear “Levitating” by Dua Lipa at the dance; it’s one of my favorite songs, and it would make my night.”