Cinderella Musical Q&As: Gavin O’Meara
Name: Gavin O’Meara
Role: Jean Micheal
1. Why did you decide to try out for the musical?
“I decided to try out for musical this year because when I have the thrill of performing, it is the time when I feel most alive.”
2. What are you most excited about?
“I am most excited to put an FHC musical back on the stage for the first time since 2019. It’s been far too long since we have last been able to perform a musical, and I am so honored to be a part of the cast.”
3. Why should people come see the show?
“People should come to see the show because it is going to be super fun. The music is incredible because the story is a silly twist on the Cinderella story that we all know and love.”
4. What’s been your favorite memory associated with the show?
“My favorite memory from this show is getting to the FAC on Monday and looking up on the stage to see the gorgeous set we rented.”
5. What do you and your character have in common?
“My character, Jean Micheal, and I are both very passionate about our beliefs, many of which are slightly different from those who surround us. He and I are still very different, yet I like being able to bring my passionate beliefs on stage.”
6. Do you have any pre-performance rituals to get into the zone?
“Before shows, I warm up my voice and body, do a meditation, and quickly rehearse my lines.”
7. What’s your favorite part about being associated with the theatre program?
“My favorite part about being associated with the theatre program is the friendships I have been able to make. I have close friends in all grades, and I feel truly blessed to have met everybody in this show.”
8. Which Disney character do you think you’re most alike and why?
“The Disney character who is most similar to me is Ariel from The Little Mermaid. We are both curious, adventurous, and inquisitive, but we are also both kindhearted.”
9. Who would you like to thank?
“I would love to thank my friends and family for the endless support that they give me.”