Caffeine Q&As: Payton Dailey
Name: Payton Dailey
1. What is your reason for not drinking strong forms of caffeine?
“I just don’t like the taste of coffee or anything carbonated, so to find a source of caffeine that I like is not worth the battle.”
2. Why is tea an exception for you?
“I don’t drink tea faithfully, but I will drink it. It is an exception because it feels good on my throat and I like the taste.”
3. Have you ever tried other forms of caffeine like coffee or energy drinks? if yes did you enjoy them, if no would you ever consider trying them?
“I have tried some, but I don’t really like the taste of them. To me, they taste fake.”
4. Do you have alternative methods or advice for staying awake and having high energy?
“Personally, I think it is important to eat dinner the night before and breakfast the morning of school. I also get up early, so by the time I get to school I have been awake and I have energy.”
5. Are people ever surprised when you tell them you only drink tea, if so why do you think that is?
“I think it is normal in our society to drink a lot of caffeine to help stay awake. When I tell people that I don’t need the extra energy, I think they are surprised.”
6. What does your sleep schedule look like, and do you think it’s better than that of someone who drinks caffeine on a regular basis?
“Honestly, my sleep schedule varies with the seasons of sports or musicals, or small group schedules. But for the most part, I am sleeping by 10 pm and up between 5-6 am. It is a pretty consistent sleep schedule, so it is better than someone on caffeine.”
7. What is your favorite kind of tea?
“My favorite kind of tea is Green Tea with honey.”
8. Do you think there will ever be a time when you drink caffeine on a regular basis?
“I am not sure. If I could find a source of caffeine that I enjoy, then maybe. But I don’t think it will be on a regular basis. I would love to have it for the days when I am tired or stay up late with homework. It would be beneficial to have a little extra energy.”