Caffeine Q&As: Keyla Acevedo-Hargis
Name: Keyla Hargis-Acevedo
1. How many cups of coffee do you have each day and does it vary from day to day, depending on what you have going on?
“On a weekday, about three to four [cups of coffee,] on the weekends, one or two only.”
2. What is your favorite way to drink your coffee/favorite Starbucks drink?
“Starbucks drink was the salt caramel mocha, [but I] don’t do that anymore, so, white chocolate mocha is okay. And, obviously, pumpkin spice latte is the season. [At home], I just do coffee and creamer.”
3. Do you notice a significant difference in your energy/mood before vs. after you drink coffee?
“Everyone around me notices, especially if I run outta coffee and have not had the energy to leave the house to go get some more coffee. My husband definitely notices, and he’ll sometimes go and get the coffee for me.”
4. What does your sleep schedule look like and do you think your caffeine impacts it?
“My daily schedule, I get up around 4:45 a.m. It is very early because that way I can enjoy a quiet cup of coffee before I have to get everybody else up and ready for the day, [but] it doesn’t affect my [sleep schedule] at all.”
5. Have you or would you ever consider branching out to other forms of caffeine, like energy drinks?
“I have tried [energy drinks]. I just add them to my caffeine intake. It’s a different vibe. The coffee is warm, it’s cozy. If I want an energy drink, that’s for a different time of the day.”
6. How does caffeine affect your work ethic/productivity?
“If I’ve only had one cup, I have to get more in my system to keep me going.”
7. If you ever forget or aren’t able to have your coffee, what significant differences do you notice in your mood or how your body reacts to it?
“I get lethargic and slow processing. You might ask me a question that I have heard many times, and it might take me a bit to process it. And a lot of times I have to translate what people say to me. So if I don’t have that, it takes me a little bit longer.”
8. On a scale of 1 to 10, how much do you love coffee?
“Ten. Coffee is life, I love it.”