TCT’s The Countless Thanks 2022: Allie Beaumont

Mom- Your support and unconditional love have been the most dependable things in my life for as long as I can remember, and sometimes, it feels like it’s the only dependable thing. I know for a fact that your confidence in me started before I was even born, but particularly these last four years I have memory after memory of you being by my side—and sometimes, I don’t make it easy. I swear, from week to week, my emotions change. Sometimes, I am ok and I feel good about where I am at, and during those weeks, you celebrate with me. You remind me to be happy about my little successes, and you feed into the moments when I feel on top of the world. But then, the very next week, I could just as easily be drowning in the chaos of life, and in those moments, it is also you who guides me through, who has to figure out if I want advice or just someone to cry to. It’s you who has mastered the road map of my emotions, and you who I can depend on no matter what I am feeling. Thank you for getting me through high school, and thank you for helping me through life.

Dad- Thank you for being proud of me. There are times when I doubt myself or my ability to do something. Moments when I am scared of what comes next, but you have not only encouraged my big goals and far-to-reach dreams but helped me make them possible. You have taught me that I am capable of anything I put my mind to, and even if that sounds cheesy, no one else has instilled that mindset and confidence within me like you. You’ve taught me to question the things I care about, you’ve taught me to build on already existing ideas, you’ve taught me that if I am passionate about something, then anything is possible, and most importantly, you’ve taught me how to leave a legacy behind me that I am proud of. Every new thing I embark upon, every new sport I tried, every obscure hobby I indulged in, you were there cheering me on. I am incredibly thankful to be someone you are proud of, but more importantly, I am incredibly thankful you taught me to be proud of myself. 

Julia- People are always baffled by the fact that we never fight, and to be honest, after observing other sibling relationships over the years, it surprises me too sometimes, but I think it’s because we both need each other and we know it. If we ever were to fight, I don’t think I would survive, because you’re my person. The person I trust the most, the person I can share everything with, free of judgment. You’re the only person that I know I can annoy, and yet we will still bounce back ten seconds later. You’re the kind of older sister that was always teaching me things. When we were younger, you taught me simple things like how to tie my shoe—granted, we still both tie our shoes the “wrong” way, but still—and ever since the teaching never stopped. You showed me what it was like to be a good friend, an amazing student, and pretty much just a kind person. And even if you weren’t always aware you were doing it, you showed me how to live life through example. I would tentatively watch you as you went through your own life, and I would follow in your footsteps until I was old enough to make my own, and I am forever grateful for your lessons because they played one of the biggest parts in who I am today.  

Mrs. Anderson- When it comes to me at school, no one has had quite as much of a front-row seat as you. Each year, you’ve watched me in your classroom, and each year, it became more and more of a home for me. You’ve watched and supported me as I both struggled and succeed. Your presence and your classroom have become a place where I feel comfortable being myself and feeling whatever emotions I need. You listen to my stories, and you graciously lend your advice or encouragement. I am so thankful for the incredible environment you have created for me and the rest of the level four. We all know you’re looking out for us, and it means the world to have someone at school who cares so much and is rooting for us to not only succeed but be happy doing it. 

Mr. George- it’s almost impressive how many hours I’ve spent in your classroom over the years. So many, I am almost surprised you haven’t all but kicked me out yet; however, luckily for me, you opened the door freshman year and have been welcoming me back ever since. I owe a lot of my high school experience to you. I am part of a lot of things, and most of them I love, but none of them have ever quite matched the passion I have for TCT, and that’s because of you. I don’t know exactly what it was that you saw in me freshman year that led you to push me, encourage me, and guide me to this exact moment in time, but thank God you did, because I literally would not be the same person I am today if that hadn’t happened. My time in your classroom hasn’t always been easy; in fact, it’s very rarely ever been easy, but it’s always been worth it. Something about how you teach and how you fight for your students sparks something within us that not all teachers are capable of. You’ve given me incredible memories to look back on, and better yet, when those memories start to fade, you’ve given me hundreds of articles to help me remember. Thank you for making my high school experience worth it. 

Sofia- our job is not easy. We both knew that going in, but we did it anyway, and I am so glad we did because I wouldn’t want to be doing this with anyone else. I am thankful for you, because you care just as much about TCT as I do. Not everyone gets it unless you’re in it, and you’ve been doing it for as long as we have; not everyone understands the passion or why we would possibly put ourselves through so much stress for a class. But that’s just it: it’s not just a class for people like us. To us, it’s honoring all the editors before us; to us, it’s ensuring the future of TCT; to us, it’s our sanctuary since freshman year; to us, it’s the couch—tear-stained and full of memories—to us, it’s our name on the wall, the brick we get to paint together, the handprints we get to leave behind; to us, it’s home. And I am so thankful I get to share it with you. 

Mia and Kami- Boy, are we chaotic. I don’t think I have ever had as much fun as I did with you two this summer. Somehow, we just work together; I love you both so much for all of the adventure, support, friendship, and love you bring to my life. There is simply never a dull moment, and when you guys are around I immediately feel comforted by your presence. There is no judgment or pain, just simply three girls who found a way to survive the ups and downs of high school: together. Mia, I feel like I’ve known you forever, and even though 5th grade is almost forever, I don’t know how I even survived those first couple years of elementary school without you. I remember the first day of fifth grade everyone fighting about who got to sit next to you before you had even entered the classroom, and I thought to myself, ‘wow this girl must be someone special if everyone wants to sit next to her,’ and boy was I right. You are such an amazing human; we were always meant to be best friends, and you can’t convince me otherwise. You’ve never made me feel bad about myself or made me work to be your friend. We were always just there for each other. Whatever I needed, you were always there and vice versa; my life would not be the same without you in it, and I am begging you to never leave it. Kami, I haven’t known you for nearly as long, but it feels like I’ve known you forever. You truly light up a room when you walk into it; I get so excited to see you every time we are together, and you have quickly become one of the most important people in my life. Like my own personal ray of sunshine, you know exactly how to make me laugh and smile, you let me cry to you, and I love everything about what makes you who you are. Please don’t ever change, because you are an amazing friend and an even better human being. I love you guys. 

Annie- I don’t think we will ever run out of things to do together. If we’re not on a Starbucks date or teaching Project C.H.A.R.L.I.E., then we’re making Target and Trader Joe’s runs or crashing the boys’ 6th hour. No matter what happens in each other’s lives, we always make time for each other. I trust you with all the ongoings in my life, and you do the same. And, similar to the endless list of outings we go on together, there is an endless list of topics to follow. I could never be bored when I am with you, and I am so thankful you joined TCT this year, because seeing you at the end of every day is something I always look forward to. It’s hard to believe we’ve been friends since sophomore year. In some ways that feel like a really long time considering all the adventures we have gone on since we met, but in others, it has not been nearly enough time. It pains me to think about us graduating this year and not having the same traditions that we’ve withheld together since we met. It makes me so sad to think about life without you in it every day, but I know that wherever you end up, you are going to thrive, and I am fully confident that even after we graduate we will still have our Starbucks dates any chance we can get. 

Erika- Although we haven’t always been as close as we are now, you have always been a friend to me since freshman year. I remember meeting you very clearly, because I remember thinking your outfit was really cute, and ever since then, your outfits have remained amazing, and our friendship has only grown. You’ve always made me feel welcome, and that is a rarity in high school. Not everyone has the ability to stand out like you do. You make your presence known, and I have always admired you for your confidence and your attitude toward life. You are truly one of the most fearless and loving people that I know, and I cannot wait to see where your life takes you. In a lot of ways, I think we are very similar because no one appreciates a hug quite like us. It doesn’t matter if I am in the hallway, the bathroom, or at the start of 6th hour; you are always there if I need a hug, and I genuinely appreciate that. Keep being your amazing unapologetic self, and I will be waiting for the day I get to watch your show on TV.

Mrs. Teri- You are one of the strongest people I know. I simply don’t understand how you manage all the things you do, but somehow, you make it all happen, and you do it all so gracefully. You have been a second mom to me as long as I can remember. I’ve played in your backyard and ran through your house finding new spots to play hide and seek, I know exactly where you keep your lemonade, and I know I can always find you cheering for me in the stands. I gladly greet you with a hug every time I see you because more often than not, I need one. You have watched me grow up, and I am so lucky to have someone so generous, strong, and loving in my life. 

The group chat- the group chat has shifted over the years; we all became friends in middle school, and maintaining those friendships can sometimes be challenging, but to those of you who stuck around, thank you. Sophie, thank you for being there for me all these years through cheer, but more importantly, thank you for being there for me in life. Your energy can lift up any room, and you truly are the life of the party; thank you for being my friend. Mia F., I remember texting back and forth with you every day during Chemistry class. I have so many fond memories with you, and I value your friendship so much. You look out for me in a way that not everyone is capable of, and I feel comforted by your presence. Maggie, you’re my oldest friend here in Michigan; we’ve been through a lot together, but through it all, I have always been confident you would remain my friend at the end of the day. We have watched one another grow and change into the people we are today, and it has been a pleasure being part of your story. Madi, even though we are newer friends, you have been such an amazing addition to my life. I love hearing all your stories and your addiction to Clash of Clans—although concerning—makes me laugh. You are so fun to be around, and I am lucky to have you in my life. Kyra, just like Sophie, you started out as a cheer friend, but you quickly became so much more than that. I treasure all the years I have spent standing next to you in chant lines (wink wink) and I will be devastated for the last cheer we yell together. You have such a kind soul, and being in your presence always makes me feel better about whatever is going on in my life. Abby, Although we haven’t known each other for too long, I love all of our lunch table chats and the time we do get to spend together. You have such a funny and easygoing personality that I immediately felt comfortable around you. I hope to get to spend more time with you over the next months of senior year, thank you for always looking out for me. Louisa, You have been such a fun addition to our group, I am so happy I have had the pleasure of meeting you this year. You click with us all so well, and we love you so much. Every time I see you, your smile lights up, and in turn, it makes me so happy to be around you. I don’t even want to think about you leaving because of how much I am going to miss you. Grace, I have so many fun memories throughout the course of our friendship, from playing random games together in History vs. Hollywood to literally being in Disney together. I am so grateful to have met you. You have such a strong personality that I admire so much, and I love walking from AP Lit with you every day. This is also unrelated, but your style is also very cool, but overall, I am so thankful to have you as a friend. Katya, you are one of the sweetest people I know. Whoever you meet, everyone immediately loves you because of how genuine you are. Together, we make all sorts of little friend groups in our classes, but consistently, you have remained one of my best friends. I love all of you very much, and I am so lucky to have had such an amazing group of girls to get me through all these years. Thank you. 

TCT staff- TCT has always been more of a family—or cult, if you will—than a class. All of you put in an incredible amount of work to make it run smoothly, and it doesn’t go unnoticed. I genuinely appreciate all that you guys do. Everyone has their own job, but together we manage to pull off something amazing. On top of all the extra work, copy editing, social media, podcast, etc., you are all very talented writers, and I consider myself lucky that I get to read your work every day. Without you guys, all the things that I hold so near and dear to my heart wouldn’t be possible, so thank you for all that you do.