Fishy Business – Preview Q&A
Film: Fishy Business
Producers: Max Marin, MJ Francisco, and Katie Mahoney
*Quotes by Katie Mahoney*
1. What’s your film about?
“Our film is about a college student, Max, who gets left home alone while his roommates go out of town on a trip. Max has never really had to do anything for himself before, and when he is faced with this problem, he encounters many issues.”
2. What’s the theme of your film?
“The theme of our film is persistence when overcoming challenges.”
3. What was the inspiration for the film?
4. Can you describe the filming/editing process?
“The filming process was kind of hard because we were all super busy with sports and other things and it was hard to find time when we could all get together and film. The editing process was a little easier, but it also was challenging when trying to put different scenes together and make the movie flow.”
5. How did you choose the actors/actresses?
“We chose Max to act in our film because we thought it would be easiest and most reliable if we had someone in our group act, just so we knew we could count on him being there each time we filmed.”
6. What was your favorite part about the creative process?
7. What messages are you trying to convey?
“We are trying to convey that if someone really wants to make a change and make things right, hard work and dedication can pay off.”
8. What can your audience expect to get out of the film?
“The audience can expect to see our messages conveyed through Max’s dialogue and actions and even laugh a little bit at some of the scenes.”
9. How is your film different from the rest?
“Our film is different from the rest because it only stars one person, and it does not really have too many speaking lines, so the action scenes move the plot along rather than dialogue.”