El Chile – Preview Q&A
Film: El Chile
Producer: Maya Cassetta, Meg Meekhoff, Ella Growney, Emily Peirce
*Quotes by Maya Cassetta*
1. What’s your film about?
“Our film is about a poor young man named Borfus who hears about a reward for these rare peppers and then embarks on a quest for fortune and glory. Along the way, he meets an officer named Rodrigo, and they decide to work together for a common interest in finding the peppers to get the reward and help their families. As they set out to find the peppers, they face many obstacles and funny interactions.”
2. What’s the theme of your film?
3. What was the inspiration for the film?
“Our inspiration was our friends.”
4. Can you describe the filming/editing process?
“The filming process was probably the hardest part– trying to find times that worked for both our production team and the actors. As for the editing, we have spent many weeks in school and before or after working on our film to make it the best it can be.”
5. How did you choose the actors/actresses?
“We really wanted to have fun while making our film, so we chose some of our more comedic friends for the job so we could all share some laughs while making the film.”
6. What was your favorite part of the creative process?
“My favorite part was the editing process. It was like a puzzle– trying to put everything together and making it all flow to tell our story. Adding music and special effects to make the story even funnier was very entertaining.”
7. What messages are you trying to convey?
“You can have a lot of fun while trying to complete a mission.”
8. What can your audience expect to get out of the film?
“A lot of laughs and maybe a little confusion.”
9. How is your film different from the rest?
“It’s very random and goofy, which I think just makes it all the better.”