Annika Santos – Class of 2021 President

Name: Annika Santos

Grade: Freshman

Running for: President

1. How long have you been a part of student council?

“I participated in student council in middle school as an 8th grader and continued as president this freshman year. So I’ve been at it for two years.”

2. Why are you running?

“Student council is exciting, and I think my experience is needed on the council. Now that I know student council is mostly in charge of Homecoming and other dances, I can use my knowledge to get things done earlier and make things higher quality. I like representing my school, and I’d love to serve for another year, helping out with fundraisers and making an impact on my community and school.”

3. What kind of leader do you hope to be?

“Around the world, leaders tend to be corrupt when they don’t understand their citizens. I want to be a leader that understands, is responsible, and reliable. If my classmates do not trust me, how will they ask for my help? How will I be able to properly assist them and lead?”

4. What do you hope to contribute to the school?

“I hope to do more than just Homecoming and other dances. Of course, I will put in everything to win Ranger Challenges and get people aware of when all these things are happening, but I also hope to rally people for different causes like fundraisers and volunteer opportunities.”

5. Why should students vote for you?

“I like to work with people, I am patient, and I listen. I also have more experience. I’m excited to work with my class again and win! I will work hard to achieve my challenges, and I will get things done.”