Name: Mark Kemp
Role: Bob Quimby
1. What are you most excited about?
“I’m excited to spend time with my castmates and getting to know them better.”
2. What makes you fit your role so well?
“I can be really fatherly and love playing a goofy, fun-loving character.”
3. What is your favorite thing about being involved in the play?
“I love creating a character and toying with it to make them perfect.”
4. What is the cast dynamic and relationship like?
“Everyone gets along with each other and just loves to laugh together. Within the Quimby family, there is a great connection that makes it feel like a genuine family that loves each other.”
5. What is your favorite part about your role?
“I love playing a character that is both funny and goofy [but] also has serious and dramatic moments.”
6. What have been some difficulties with your role or in rehearsal?
“I had a difficult time balancing the fun-loving Dad with the (after he gets fired) depressed and somber Dad.”
7. How has this experience affected you and your high school experience?
“It’s made me think about my life and how there will absolutely be tragedies and losses, but as long as you have people around to support you, you’ll be okay.”
8. What should audiences be excited about?
“People should be excited to watch a funny and heartwarming show that’ll remind you of your childhood and teach you a valuable lesson about family.”