Name: Maddie Vonk
1. What are you most excited about?
“I’m most excited for the audience to see the dynamics and characters that we’ve developed.”
2. What makes you fit your role so well?
“Susan is bold, and she is not afraid to say what she thinks. Some may say that I possess some of those same qualities.”
3. What is your favorite thing about being involved in the play?
“I think the play this year has been executed extremely well, especially the way that our director Mrs. Demeester staged the production.”
4. What is the cast dynamic and relationship like?
“The cast has a very playful dynamic, and I love them all.”
5. What is your favorite part about your role?
“I love that Susan is not afraid to speak her mind, and it’s been really fun interacting with the other characters.”
6. What have been some difficulties with your role or in rehearsal?
“I have a tendency to fall asleep during rehearsal. I’d like to thank Emily Kostbade for waking me up and making sure I never miss a cue.”
7. How has this experience affected you and your high school experience?
“This is my first fall play, but it’s been really great to come back to the theater after being a part of musical and improv.”
8. What should audiences be excited about?
“Several cast members spent hours — from after school until 11 at night, to be specific — filming a soap opera. There is a moment where Emily Kostbade slaps James Kauffman. Subsequently, she kills Aaron Jachim’s wife with a poisoned bonbon. Double subsequently, she makes out with Aaron Jachim. Our director Kyle Black filmed the whole thing.”