Top 5 dynamic duos

Cully Herbert and Ali Azeem

This past fall, the boys varsity tennis team had a very strong season finishing second in their conference and eleventh overall at states. A large piece of this team’s success was dynamic double, freshman Cully Herbert and junior Ali Azeem. Cully and Ali proved to be a crucial part of the team throughout the season. They won an important match against Midland Dow to help the team place second in a difficult quad. These two also advanced to the quarterfinals in regionals beating Mona Shores and Jenison.

Luke Majick and Tate Hallock

This past season, the varsity football team made it into the first round of playoffs before facing a tough defeat against Mona Shores. In their senior years, seniors Luke Majick and Tate Hallock both led FHC throughout the year, on and off the field. Working together, these two put a large sum of points on the board for FHC. Even separately these two did some serious damage to opposing teams. A key game for these two was in the Rangers’ one-point loss to West Ottawa. In this game, Tate opened the scoring for FHC by returning the opening kickoff. Luke also had a strong offensive showing, finishing with three rushing touchdowns and a passing touchdown also. In their final years as Rangers, both Luke and Tate both helped lead the team to the successes they met.

“We’ve played together since sophomore year,” Tate said. “We’ve had a bond all throughout our friendship and we always just brought that onto the football field.”

Who is your favorite dynamic duo?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Hunter Robinson and Jacob Bonnett

The freshman football team this year had a successful season with a finishing record of 8-1. Freshmen Hunter Robinson and Jacob Bonnet were a strong duo on the field. Hunter, who was a quarterback, and Jacob, who was a wide receiver, both worked well together to score several touchdowns this season. Despite the hard loss in the first game, the team was able to pull through and win seven games straight. Jacob and Hunter worked best together in a game against Forest Hills Northern where Hunter threw a 60-yard pass to Jacob to score a touchdown. This pass helped the Rangers keep their winning streak going throughout the season.

“We have really good chemistry together from playing with each other in past years,” said Jacob. “That helped us work together and score a lot of touchdowns this year.”

Kai Hagadorn and Sammy Postlewait

Boys varsity soccer had a relatively strong season. Despite a rough start, the Rangers came right back with a hot streak of games. The offense for the Rangers came back stronger than ever and two main contributors to this solution were senior Kai Hagadorn and junior Sammy Postlewait. Even during tough losses such as the teams 5-2 loss against Grand Haven, both Sammy and Kai led on the offensive side of the ball. These two have played every year on varsity together, allowing for a strong bond to form between these two.

“Sammy and I have a good connection,” Kai said. “We both made varsity the same year so it started from a younger age in high school. We’ve been friends both on and off the field so it helped our bonding chemistry. During soccer, it’s always fun playing with him because we play at similar skill levels and he’s just a great person to be with on and off the field.”

Madisyn Bunke and Madison Bruno

This year was varsity field hockey’s first year competing in division 1. For returning players, this was a change of pace but this team took it with ease. For returning seniors Madisyn Bunke and Madison Bruno, they showed their stronger skills against stronger opponents. These two proved to be a dangerous midfield duo throughout all of their games. As midfielders, these two both had to open up the field and allow for scoring from their offense. Every game Bunke and Bruno were constantly taking shots on goal and applying pressure to the opposing team’s defenders.

“Being in the same position on opposite sides, we have to work together to help open up the field and give our teams more opportunities,” Madison said. “We’ve been playing together for five years and played on a club team so we’ve played together for a while.”