Name: Sam Boezwinkle
1. Have you ever been in the musical before? If so, for how many years?
“This will be my third year.”
2. What are you most excited about for the show?
“I’m excited about how upbeat it is, which is a big change of pace from the last two productions I’ve been in.”
3. What makes you fit your role so well?
“I feel like trying to represent the eldest brother of Joseph was hard for me, but my height definitely helped a lot. I also have to wear a wig and a beard, and that really completes to transformation into a brother that is supposed to look a little older than anyone else.”
4. What is your favorite part of being involved in theater?
“The final two weeks of the show are the most demanding but also the most fun. For the final two weeks, we move from the auditorium at school to the FAC, and that’s when the cast has the most time to hang out and bond and when the most memorable moments happen with great people.”
5. What was the most surprising thing to you about this year’s show?
“[I was surprised at] how quickly it moves and how many difficult dances there are for everyone.”
6. What have been some difficulties with your role or at rehearsals?
“I have to sing in an accent for one of my songs, and it is completely different from how I normally sing. Trying to figure out how to modify my voice to this accent and immediately switch back to my normal singing voice for the next song was difficult.”
7. How has this experience influenced your high school career?
“I feel that I didn’t know true pressure until you perform in front of a sold-out auditorium with everyone watching you and judging. I’ve learned through musical to let the people judge but keep doing your own thing.”
8. What should audiences be most excited for?
“Audiences should be excited for fast-paced action. The show isn’t as long as past shows have been, but it is a ton of singing and dancing that should leave the audiences satisfied while still feeling like they’ve got time to still do things when they get home. It’s worth the $10 of admission for sure.”