Name: Maddie Vonk
1. Have you ever been in the musical before? If so, for how many years?
“Yes! I was in Peter Pan last year.”
2. What are you most excited about for the show?
“I’m really excited to have an audience. My favorite part of any show, whether I’m on stage or watching, is the curtain call. The exchange of gratitude between audience member and actor is magic.”
3. What makes you fit your role so well?
“Brendan says that all women are property, and in this show, I am property.”
4. What is your favorite part of being involved in theater?
“Just everything about it. I love the people that do it, cast and crew, and I love being onstage. It’s just such a special thing that not many people get to experience, and I’m so thankful that I do.”
5. What was the most surprising thing to you about this year’s show?
“I was a little worried that we wouldn’t have enough guys to fill the show, but the brothers have blown me away. They’ve probably worked the hardest out of all of us, and it has been so cool to watch them blossom.”
6. What have been some difficulties with your role or at rehearsals?
“Since my character doesn’t have a name, it has been hard to add genuine emotion to what I’m doing.”
7. How has this experience influenced your high school career?
“It’s really kicked the second semester of my senior year off to a great start. It has meant that I get to be around my friends every day after school, and I’m trying to soak it up while I can.”
8. What should audiences be most excited for?
“Everything, but my favorite part is the second act. Kyle–aka Dirty– is a genius choreographer and director. The pictures and levels he creates in the Egypt scenes are so cool. The audience is going to be blown away.”