Name: Susan Toppen
1.Have you ever been in the musical before? If so, for how many years?
“I was cast in both my freshman and sophomore year musicals. This musical will make it my third year.”
2. What are you most excited about for the show?
“I am most excited to tell a story to a crowd and feel their energy reciprocated back to us. It’s truly a magical feeling.”
3. What makes you fit your role so well?
“I am cast as a Levi’s Wife and an Egyptian. The wives all had to be pretty solid dancers, and due to my prior experience in the musical world, I believe I am able to fulfill the difficulties of our different dances.”
4.What is your favorite part of being involved in theater?
“My favorite part of theater has always, and always will be, the people. I am so thankful for the friendships I would have never made without musical.”
5. What was the most surprising thing to you about this year’s show?
“The most surprising aspect of this show is the fast pace of the show. There is little to no break between dance numbers.”
6. What have been some difficulties with your role or at rehearsals?
“The difficulties with my role has been remembering all the ‘odd’ second soprano harmonies.”
7. How has this experience influenced your high school career?
“This experience is like a drug. Once you get a taste, you always want more. I can’t imagine not doing theater during high school due to being an active member for the past two years.”
8. What should audiences be most excited for?
“Audiences should be most excited for the wide variety of dance moves and genre/style of songs. It’s truly a show for any age.”