Student Council Q&A: Meredith Carpenter

Name: Meredith Carpenter

Grade: Junior

Running for: Student Council Board Secretary

1. Why are you running?

“Student Council has been a big part of my life since elementary school, and I’ve enjoyed it so much. I love being able to impact my grade and school in a positive way. I am running this year because it’s my last year to really be a part of such a good group of people, and I’m excited to see what this next year has to offer.”

2. How do you believe you can help your grade?

“I believe I can help my grade increase our level of participation by really spreading the word on how fun it can be. Homecoming is my favorite time of the year, and I think that as seniors, we’re really going to go all out.”

3. What changes would you like to see in your grade?

“I really want to see my grade come together as not only a class but as a group of friends. I find cliques to be very cliche, and I would love nothing more than to see my class unite as one this year.”

4. Do you have experience with Student Council?

“Yes, I have a lot of experience. I have been participating in student councils since 3rd grade, and I’m sticking with it because I love being able to make a change.”

5. If so, what is the most gratifying part of being on Student Council? Why should students vote for you?

“My favorite part of Student Council is seeing kids come out of their shells. Throughout my years of Student Council, on multiple occasions, I have watched kids get out of their comfort zones and have the time of their lives. I know it might seem petty, but participating in something new will introduce you to a whole different group of people, and the experience is worth it. I’m actually running unopposed, but feel free to let me know if you have any questions or suggestion about this upcoming year. I’d love to hear what everyone has to say!”