Staff Q&As: Emma Hansen
Name: Emma Hansen
Position: Staff writer
Semesters spent on TCT: 3
1. Why did you decide to join TCT?
“I decided to join TCT because I have always loved to write, and I thought it would be a good way to improve my writing skills.”
2. How has TCT helped you grow as a writer and person?
“TCT has taught me how to express my feelings and emotions through written words. It has taught me that sharing your experiences with others is a good way to share your thoughts with others.”
3. If you were a type of cheese, what type of cheese would you be?
“If I were a type of cheese, I would be mozzarella because I love string cheese and it goes really well with a lot of other foods.”
4. What is your favorite thing about writing?
“My favorite thing about writing is being able to express my emotions and share my thoughts using words. I learned that writing can be just as powerful, if not more powerful, than spoken words.”
5. What’s your funniest story of complications while working on a story?
“While trying to write a profile my sophomore year, I contacted five different people in hopes of writing a story about them; nobody responded. It took six people to finally get a response.”
6. Who’s your favorite literary character and why?
“My favorite literary character is Liesel from The Book Thief because she is able to search for the good in the world amidst all of the pain and hardship.”
7. What is your favorite type of story to write and why?
“My favorite type of story to write is reviews because I love being able to compile all of my thoughts about a topic into a cohesive story. I love how they can all differ so much and all have different moods and tones.”
8. What are your aspirations for the upcoming decade?
“This upcoming decade I aspire to make goals that will allow me to stay focused and on track throughout the year.”