Homecoming Court Q&As: Aidan O’Meara

1. What was your reaction when you heard your name called?

“To be honest, I was a little surprised and super honored that my classmates voted for me.”

2. Why do you think you were nominated?

“I try to be kind and respectful to everyone that I interact with, so I guess that’s maybe why people voted for me.”

3. Who wasn’t nominated for court that you would choose?

“Jonah Spates is a super good guy, and he’s a very talented football and basketball player, so I would probably choose him because I feel like he really represents CHS pretty well.”

4. Are you disheartened by the circumstances in which not all of the traditions are the same?

“I think that it’s slightly disappointing, but if you live in 2020 with COVID, you need to learn to adapt and be flexible. I am humbled and honored that my classmates voted me to be on the court, and I’m focusing on the things that we can do, rather than what we can’t.”

5. What is the one tradition that you will miss the most?

“Standing in the student section for football games has been one of my favorite parts of high school. We obviously are trying to make this year as normal as possible, but the student section is not the same. Also, the drumline is hype, and I miss their performances because those were so fun.”

6. Which spirit day is your favorite?

“I like Friday, when everyone wears their shirt. I like how united the school feels, and even though the assembly won’t be the same, I think seeing a majority of staff and students in the same shirt is a cool day for me.”

7. What has been the craziest outfit you have ever worn for a spirit day in all four years?

“Freshman year, there was a camo day, and I went all out. I had a hat, T-shirt, and some camo pants.”