Student Q&A: Jacob Tishon
Name: Jacob Tishon
1. How are you acclimating to the switch to Canvas?
“It’s actually pretty easy. It took a little bit of getting used to, but it’s not [that] different from Google Classroom.”
2. Do you feel like switching to Canvas has improved your learning and/or the structure and organization of your classes?
“Yeah, I do. It’s organized better than Google Classroom because you can have all the assignments in one place and all the announcements in another place. But with Google Classroom, they’d all be in the same feed.”
3. What do you believe are the advantages of Canvas?
“I think [Canvas] is more organized.”
4. What do you believe are the disadvantages of Canvas?
“I feel like it might be hard for some people to learn a new platform. Not much to complain about for me.”
5. Was your initial view of Canvas different at the beginning than it is now after some weeks of use?
“At the beginning, I thought it was going to be a pain to use and to learn how to do new things, but it’s actually going pretty well.”
6. Are most of your teachers’ Canvas pages organized similarly?
“They vary, but they all have the same basic idea and construction.”
7. Do you have a teacher that is thriving while using Canvas more so than Google Classroom?
“My math teacher, [Lisa] Gaiser, is doing pretty well. She’s very organized.”