Lauren Brace

Student Council Q&As: Lauren Brace

Name: Lauren Brace

Class: 2023

1. What position are you running for?

“I’m running for the position of Trustee.”

2. Why did you decide to run?

“I decided to run because I enjoyed working with so many incredible and enthusiastic people this year, and I hope to continue that experience next year. Despite all the obstacles of this crazy school year, I enjoyed working with the Student Council to come up with creative solutions and activities. I’m extremely excited for all the Homecoming, Winterfest, and Prom events next year, and I know there are a lot of new ideas I can bring to the table.”

3. What are the main promises of your campaign?

“I’m not one to make hollow promises, but I can guarantee that I will be an effective communicator, a strong advocate for your ideas, and a great listener. I also promise to work hand-in-hand with my fellow Student Council members to create the most incredible Spirit Week experiences for the class of 2023 and the entire school. One of the major improvements we can make is greater class participation, and I know that I can help achieve this goal in addition to many others. We still haven’t had a normal year of high school, and I know that I can help make next year amazing when we can resume normal activities.”

4. What are a few things you’ve learned from this experience?

“Through the process of running, I’ve learned that no matter the election results, everyone can still play a role in Student Council activities and make a difference in the school. Everyone has their own motives for running, but the important thing to remember when deciding who to vote for is to choose the best leaders in the school who can take the initiative and bring your ideas to the table. With my experience on Student Council, I’ve learned that a diverse group of individuals from a variety of different friend groups and extracurriculars can produce fantastic ideas after their collaboration. It’s also helped me learn how much hard work can pay off with the outstanding sophomore Winterfest victory.”

5. What are you most excited to be a part of organizing?

“I’m probably most excited to organize the Homecoming events since we missed out on many of those this year. At the beginning of every meeting, we would start out with a blank Google Doc, and it was really exciting to see all of the events and spirit days we planned take shape as everyone contributed their thoughts and ideas. I also love celebrating the fantastic results of what creations the class of 2023 can make when we all work together.”

6. Why should your class vote for you?

“My class should vote for me because I love working with other people and promise to be a fantastic leader for the class of 2023 and the school. With my experience in Student Council and leadership positions in other extracurriculars, I know how to get the job done and initiate change. I promise better communication, representation, and participation next year. As my class becomes juniors, entering the most stressful year of high school, I want to take some of that stress off their plates with the knowledge that they have the right people in charge. I will be a strong voice of the changes you want in our school, and I promise to carry out all the great qualities of a leader to the best of my abilities.”