Student Council Q&As: Natalie Mix

Name: Natalie Mix

Class: 2022

1. What position are you running for?

“I am running for Public Relations on the Executive Board.”

2. Why did you decide to run?

“Well, when I first got the email, I thought it might be fun because it’s my senior year, and I want to be more involved, but I wasn’t entirely sold. It wasn’t until [junior] Benji Zorn was telling me in my ASL class that they needed more people to run that I decided to just do it. I was initially running for senior class Secretary, but then [history teacher Laura] Stiles personally reached out to me and said they needed someone to run for PR, so I switched to that because it sounded like a lot of fun, and it’s also a really good opportunity to form a bond between Student Council and The Central Trend.”

3. What are the main promises of your campaign?

“I promise that I will contribute to making this next year the best possible senior year for the class of 2022. We are really lucky to be looking ahead to a senior year that will be much more normal than that of the past two senior classes, and I don’t want to take that for granted. I also promise to be an involved team player and to prioritize the general interests of the student body.”

4. What are a few things you’ve learned from this experience?

“I can’t say I’ve learned much yet because it’s really only been about a week since I decided to run, but I can tell I’m going to gain a lot of new friendships from this experience and further my ability to work as a part of a team.”

5. What are you most excited to be a part of organizing?

“I honestly am not sure specifically, but I’m really excited in general about senior class bonding this upcoming year, and I’m ready to take on whatever comes our way.”

6. Why should your class vote for you?

“Well, I’m running uncontested, so I don’t think people have much of a choice.”