Play Q&As: Zach Guikema
Name: Zach Guikema
1. What is your role?
“I am ‘the man with socks,’ Reverend Peters, and I also play other various roles.”
2. Why did you decide to try out for the play?
“I have been in The Crucible and also in multiple musicals, so I have been in theatre for a while. I thought, ‘Hey, a lot of my friends are doing it so might as well, right?'”
3. What do you have in common with your character?
“While, they’re from England, so I don’t have much in common with them. If I was going to have anything in common with my characters, it’s that they are impatient sometimes.”
4. What kind of show should FHC be expecting?
“If you saw the play last year—which was Brothers Grimm—that was a comedy. This year, it’s more serious, PG-13.”
5. Do you have a favorite memory from your time in the play?
“There might be too many to think about. There’s just so many little instances of funny things people have said. Let’s just move on.”
6. What are you most excited about?
“I’m excited for the first show—for opening night.”
7. How do you get into character before performing?
“I normally get really quiet and then stare at the wall.”
8. If you were any Shakespeare play, which would you be and why?
“I don’t what it’s called, but I would definitely be the Shakespeare play where the most people die. Because it’s a tragedy. It’s just interesting.”