Play Q&As: Israell King
Name: Israell King
1. What is your role?
“I play No.40, Shopkeeper, and Woman on Train. I also play various roles throughout the production as an extra.”
2. Why did you decide to try out for the play?
“I decided to try out because I’ve been involved with plays and musicals since middle school, so I, of course, wanted to audition again for my final year.”
3. What do you have in common with your character?
“I have a little in common with all of my characters and especially my background characters because they’re all essentially me in various situations and scenarios. Essentially everything that they do, I would do, except for my shopkeeper character; she’s a little rude.”
4. What kind of show should FHC be expecting?
“FHC should be expecting an outstandingly mysterious production filled with powerful acting.”
5. Do you have a favorite memory from your time in the play?
“I don’t have a favorite memory per se because every day that we practice, there’s always something hilarious happening.”
6. What are you most excited about?
“I’m most excited to hear the audience’s reactions to all of the key plot points during the performance.”
7. How do you get into character before performing?
“I get into character by getting in touch with my costume because my outfit perfectly represents my characters.”
8. If you were any Shakespeare play, which would you be and why?
“If I was a Shakespeare play, I would be A Midsummer Night’s Dream because the story is incredibly interesting.”