The Campaign – Preview Q&A
Film: The Campaign
Producers: Jace Thornton, Matis Butlevics, Grant Bardelli, and Linnea Eastburg
*Quotes by Jace Thornton*
1. What’s your film about?
“Our film is about two high school seniors running for class president. One of the kids, Chris, is the popular jock who is seen as the early favorite. The other is Doug, who is a no-name nerd. The battle heats up fast as the two butt heads right off the bat.”
2. What’s the theme of your film?
3. What was the inspiration for the film?
“We enjoyed making our last comedy movie, so we decided that that would again be the best route to take.”
4. Can you describe the filming/editing process?
“The filming process was a lot of fun. All it was was a bunch of buddies coming together and having a good time. Although it was long and difficult at times, it was all worth it.”
5. How did you choose the actors/actresses?
“We chose the actors based on which one of our friends fit which role the best.”
6. What was your favorite part about the creative process?
“My favorite part of the creative process was brainstorming with my friends. It was tons of fun just building off of one another’s ideas.”
7. What messages are you trying to convey?
“We are trying to show that if you really want to do something that you believe in, go in head first because you never know if you may actually be good at it.”
8. What can your audience expect to get out of the film?
“We want our audience to just have a great time as well as a few laughs during our film.”
9. How is your film different from the rest?
“Our film is different than the rest because we have a cameo from our award-winning comedy from last year.”