I don’t. And I’m glad that I don’t.

I dont.  And Im glad that I dont.

Alcohol abuse. Drug use. Skipping class. These things happen at FHC and other schools on a daily basis. Some students only show up to some of their classes a few times a week, and then they fall hopelessly behind and don’t understand why they have a D in their classes.

My feelings towards people are very complicated when it comes to doing things they shouldn’t be doing. I feel angry at them, I feel concerned for them and their education, but then I also wonder how they can skive off of class and just not feel guilty. It has, and will continue to, puzzle me.

If you are worried about being caught doing something, then don’t do it. The fact that so many people, especially students, lack this common sense and decision-making skill is baffling to me. However, the fact of the matter is that common sense is not so common after all. This is quite obvious when students go out and drink and do drugs on the weekends even though for the last five years, we have all been taught that alcohol and drugs are bad. So why do people still do it? Because common sense is not so common; that’s why.

I don’t, and never will drink, do drugs, skip class, or do anything that I shouldn’t. I just can’t. We all have this thing called a conscience — that voice in your head that tells you what you should and should not do? I listen to that voice. If I know that I should not do something, I don’t. It’s as simple as that.

There are students in this building and other high schools who seem to not have a comprehension of the consequences. I understand that everybody is brought up differently and has a different idea of right and wrong. People will insist that they’ll only skip class once or only go out to party once. It’s never just once, though. It snowballs into a something much bigger; however, if you never do it, you won’t get into the bad habit.

So I just don’t. I don’t do anything stupid that I will regret when I am older. I get the idea that you only live once and you should make the best of it, but that doesn’t mean you should go out and party every Friday and decide to not come to school on Monday. If you do something that should make you feel guilty, then you shouldn’t do it.

That’s why I don’t.