Glow Recipe deserves the hype currently surrounding it

A+picture+featuring+some+products+I+talked+about+and+some+I+have+not+yet+tried.+
Glow Recipe
A picture featuring some products’ I talked about and some I have not yet tried.

Glow Recipe really didn’t make it to the forefront of my brain until this year, but it has been on a lot of people’s radars since 2020. 

In 2014, Christine Chang and Sarah Lee made Glow Recipe: a brand that makes Korean beauty products more accessible to Americans. They have a wide variety of products all made to help people’s skin. 

I was unaware of Glow Recipe before my friend got her free birthday gift at Sephora, and then about thirteen days later, I got the same gift: the Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow PHA + BHA Pore Tight Toner and the Watermelon Glow Niacinamide Dew Drops. After that, I went back to buy myself a few more of their products. 

The Dew Drops are probably Glow Recipe’s most popular product and is coveted by many on TikTok

The toner is the first toner I have ever tried (I am very new to the skincare game), and at first, I didn’t know what to expect, so I just used it and liked how it felt. Now I know it is meant to clean out my pores and hydrate my skin. This is a great light option if someone’s pores are not desperately in need of a cleansing; it kept my pores clean and it did not agitate my very sensitive skin, but I feel like it did not clean out my pores as much as I needed it to. 

The Dew Drops are probably Glow Recipe’s most popular product and is coveted by many on TikTok. These drops truly make my skin glow. They lighten my skin and help reduce redness and other discoloration—I also started seeing results shortly after my first use. This product helps me feel confident with no makeup and helps my makeup seem lighter and more natural. 

I wear makeup rather frequently and struggled to get it all off of my face after I could not find a good cleanser, but that was before I bought Glow Recipes Papaya Sorbet Enzyme Cleansing Balm. It gets everything off of my face, smells amazing, and does not irritate my skin. I will most definitely be buying this again. 

I also do a double cleanse with the Glow Recipe Blueberry Bounce Gentle Cleanser. This gives a deeper clean and hydrates the skin. It also has an amazing smell which is always a plus, especially when the scent does not make my skin react as a lot of products with a strong scent do. 

The last product I bought is the Glow Recipe Watermelon Pink Juice Moisturizer. This is a very light moisturizer that I would really only recommend for the summer. In the winter, I need a heavier moisturizer to deal with my dry skin, and this just does not give me the moisture and hydration my skin needs. However,  it does come in a super cute container and smells great. 

All of Glow Recipe’s products come in aesthetic containers. They are definitely a girly brand, and I love it. Their containers make my skincare routine have a much more fun vibe.

So far, I have had a great experience with most of their products, and I can’t wait to add more Glow Recipe bottles to my growing shelf of skincare products.