A recap of 2023’s fashion crazes

A few of the 2023 fashion trends that we have seen

Fashion is a constantly changing industry; one day someone posts that she loves her outfit and the population is buzzing over it, and the next someone else bashes the outfit and it becomes uncool to wear. For a trend to stick, it has to be widely accepted by a variety of people. In 2023, we had many trends, new and continued, and we can only guess if they’ll make it to 2024. 

On the topic of shoes, UGGs have held an overarching reign. The population has gone crazy over trying to get trendy shoes resulting in the company constantly posting “sold out” signs on their website. Two main styles have been desired: the Mini Boot and Tasman Slipper. Both have a wide variety of colors and multiple heights. They can be dressed up, or down, filling in the overarching aspect. They have become an everyday shoe, that you will repeatedly see when walking down almost any street. 

The returning style has become wide-leg sweatpants and pants. The style started with jeans; in the past few years, the style has changed from skinny jeans to more loose-fitting ones. The Zara wide-leg jeans have been a highly popular style of jeans and are another item that is constantly out of stock. Since then, the leg style has expanded into the sweatpants category. The tight bottom fit seems to be less favorable as the wide-leg fit has become a competing fashion. The tight bottom is still popular, but the wide leg has gained its spot of popularity with the comfortable and free feel that the style provides. 

The tight bottom is still popular, but the wide leg has gained its spot of popularity with the comfortable and free feel that the style provides

Lululemon has once again been one of the most popular brands of the year. Thousands of people are eager to buy their differing athletic styles. This year, the classic pieces are continuously popular such as swiftly techs and hottie hots. There was also an increasing trend with scubas and dance studio pants. Both have been popular in the past, but they have become more omnipresent within 2023. 

Some brands have had a breakthrough this year, gaining loads of popularity. White Fox Boutique, an Australian company, has always had mild success. Recently their trademark hoodies and sweatshirts have become increasingly popular among teenage girls. The sweatshirts come in a majority of designs and colors, but the most common design has the boutique name on the back in thick bubble letters. It is both aesthetically pleasing and comfortable, making a go-to oversized sweatshirt. 

Kendra Scott is the booming jewelry company that sells the common horizontal oval stone necklaces, and they have continued their success in the past year. The horizontal oval is called the Elisa Gold Pendant Necklace, and its wide array of colors makes it a highly popular necklace. It has a simple yet elegant style, that can be worn with sweats when going to the store, or a dress when going to a dance. The store has many more styles of necklaces as well as earrings, rings, bracelets, and even jewelry boxes. 

There are thousands of things that have also been all the rage for 2023: Converse, Aerie sweaters, the coastal grandmother style that was highly popular in summer, and more. The question is whether we will see a sharp change in the design of the fashion industry or if we will continue with the current trends. With 2024 on the near horizon, the predictions are looming. We may see our favorite brand dissipate from popularity or see them continue to strive.

View Comments (2)
Ellerie Knowles
Ellerie Knowles, Copy Editor
Ellerie Knowles is a sophomore entering her second year on The Central Trend. She is on the FHCVDT and dances outside of school as well. In her free time, she likes to read books, go to the beach, and hang out with her dog Mocha. She joined the Writing for Publication class her freshman year and decided to continue with her writing adventure into her next years of high school. She loves traveling, and her favorite place she has traveled to that she remembers is Florida—even though it's basic. One other random fact about her is that she loves sunsets and has made her mom practically stop the car just to take a picture of it.  Favorite Color: Blue (all shades) Favorite food: Grapes One place she wants to travel to: Greece (coast) Favorite scent: Anything tropical or lavender

• K

Kendall ScholtensDec 20, 2023 at 10:12 pm

couldn’t be more true so good🌟

Reply
  • E

Ella PeirceDec 19, 2023 at 7:26 pm

love this ellerie!!

Reply