The little things – the outdoors

My favorite trail at one of my favorite places to camp.

Nature has become a sort of close friend to me. Although, out of everything in nature, the sun, the trees, and the wind all around have become my favorite confidants. Keeping my secrets with them and never letting them go, never telling a soul.

I have found myself talking and singing to the trees to keep them company. I tell them my secrets, and they keep them, and when the sun comes out of its dormant nightly slumber, then I will tell the sun, too; when I tell the wind, it silently carries my secrets with it and brings the plants to a joyful sway around me.

The sun, the trees, and the wind are my favorite; they are my remedy and support. Each of them has their strengths and personalities that they share with me after much time spent together.

The sun is the most generous of all I have learned. The sun never fails to warm my face; it always brings a warm, honey-like color to my eyes and a gleaming smile. I could bask in its beams forever without complaint as it leaves freckled kisses across my skin. It gives, and it gives, but it never gets anything back.

The trees are the smartest and kindest. Coming in a vast variety of shapes, sizes, and textures and carrying an array of different colored leaves, they remind me that we are all different, yet we are all one; at the end of the day, we all sleep under the same moon and wake under the same sun. The trees never fail to keep me company as I lay on their trunks with contentment. Their branches dance in the wind along with my curls as I breathe in their barky smell. I feel as if I could talk to the trees forever as they grow under the generous sun’s beams and make a shelter for those around. 

It pushes me forward and makes the leaves whirl around me; it reminds me to go with the flow and let go of the past, for it makes sure my pain never lasts.

The wind is the most playful. It brings a sense of fulfillment to me to run in the direction of the wind. It pushes me forward and makes the leaves whirl around me; it reminds me to go with the flow and let go of the past, for it makes sure my pain never lasts. The friendly, invisible force always makes me laugh as it scrambles my curls and playfully pushes me around. Its breeze spreads seeds whilst making the flowers frenziedly dance at my feet. The wind never misses a beat when we dance together.

Every moment I spend outside interacting with the elements of nature never fails to make me forget any anxieties. I feel at home in nature; the joy of being outside is incomparable. Every single aspect of the outdoors is beautiful and ever-changing, constantly fascinating me and making me more and more curious than I was before. Constantly giving me a newfound love for the world around me.