With spring break on the horizon, it’s time to find what’s in style this year

A picture from my most recent flight before a vacation

Whether you’re traveling to tropical Hawaii or frigid Niagara Falls, it is integral in this day and age to have the perfectly sculpted outfit and hair for all possible photo opportunities. 

Spring break is one of the times of the year with the most traveling; it gives families time to take a break from their day-to-day lives without the concern of having to pull kids out of school or sports practices. Coincidentally, the time of and before spring break is one of the most popular selling periods for clothing. Everyone is racing to get the hottest new top for warmer weather and the newest trending bathing suit set. It is a time for the upcoming summer styles to preview their glory. 

There are many items that are contestants for being trending items this spring break. Some pieces that are becoming more popular are matching sets. Sets are a great way to have a predetermined matching, simple outfit for your vacation. They can come in both patterns and solid colors, which are perfect for different occasions. It eliminates the issue of finding similar shades and matching patterns. You can get different styles of clothes, ranging from sweats to skirts. If you don’t feel like wearing the set, you can always wear the top or bottom with other tops and bottoms while possibly saving money by not buying multiple pieces. 

The colors navy, cream, and white seem to be popular themes. Of course, bright colors are still popular and appropriate choices, and there is a majority who will continue to choose bright, tropical colors. On the other hand, even from the previous summer, the coastal grandmother aesthetic constructed of simple colors has become much more prominent. Whether it is the scraps remaining from last summer or brand-new pieces, from the few sporadic trips that have been posted on social media, those colors are very popular. They create minimalistic outfits that are the perfect mix of conservative and coastal for looks that can be worn to a fancy dinner or for relaxing by the pool. 

There are a lot of tube tops being added to shopping lists. Tube tops have slowly been climbing their way up the list of popular top styles. From scanning popular websites, tube tops are seen throughout multiple styles and colors on many sites. Personally, I have a complicated opinion on them, since they are perfect for many situations and pictures, but when taken or seen from certain angles, they make it look like you are topless through the stores you are scanning or in the restaurant you are eating.  Overall, it fills the spot for another style of top to add to your cart. Similarly, halter tops are returning in popularity. Many appear to be a tube top with a string creating the halter style. They eliminate the naked appearance issue with the halter alteration. 

The mini and midi styles are still popular but have competition over the rising maxi. Maxi dresses are great for a breezy beach or an upscale restaurant.

Maxi dresses are becoming popular once more. The mini and midi styles are still popular but have competition over the rising maxi. Maxi dresses are great for a breezy beach or an upscale restaurant. They are slightly fancier than the mini dresses while still keeping a relaxed and comfortable vibe. 

Bathing suits continue to be widely popular. Brands such as Triangle are overarching, popular brands, although the expensive prices can be a stretch for some. Some cheaper alternatives are websites like Shein and Amazon, which have great, go-to pieces. Swimsuits can be found at a majority of places, online and in person, and there are so many options to choose from to cater to your preferences. Target has a great collection of suits of all designs, colors, and sizes. It is in person, which creates an environment away from the constant shipping back and forth when the suit is not what you expected. 

So many spring break travelers reside in tropical climates, but there are still large majorities that stay behind or travel to places that are experiencing spring temperatures. For those people, the trends are simply continued winter trends: wide-leg sweats and jeans, sweaters, sweatshirts, Converse, Lululemon, and more. 

Hair is an aspect that is more dependent on the person than what’s trending. Styles such as messy buns, dutch braids, and ponytails are classic yet timeless styles that vary from simply wearing it down. Lately, curls have tended to be dominant over straight hair for dressed-up environments, but it is also still dependent on the person and their preference. 

No matter where you are traveling or staying during the school-scheduled break, your outfits and styles can be outstanding for whatever photo-ops you may come across. Places like TikTok are where most of the trends spread and can be discovered for more diverse outfits. Overall, any outfit will blow away the followers looking at the tropical—or not—photos you may share this spring break.