The Guts World Tour was an experience I wouldn’t trade for anything

The+poster+for+the+Guts+World+Tour.+
Google
The poster for the Guts World Tour.

If you were anywhere near me in the week following March 23, you would have only heard me talking about one thing. 

The Guts World Tour. 

I have been an avid Olivia Rodrigo fan since her album SOUR came out in 2021. SOUR was the first album from which I memorized every single lyric to every song, and her songs were the first that I could somewhat relate to. 

When Rodrigo announced that she would be going on tour for GUTS, my friends and I immediately went to Ticketmaster to sign up for presale. We were able to get seats in the 100s and had a perfect view of the stage. This was the first concert that I had ever attended, so I was not exactly sure what I was in for, but (spoiler alert) I can say it was better than I could have imagined.

When we finally arrived at Little Caesars Arena in Detroit, we had to wait outside in line for around 40 minutes; it was freezing, but it was well worth the wait. When we got inside, we took pictures and got food. They were selling these super cute (and expensive) pink lemonade drinks with a light-up ice cube in them and a cotton candy cloud on top of the straw.

The opener for the concert was Chappell Roan; unfortunately, we did not have enough time to see her performance. Eventually, we made it to our seats and were met with a screen on stage that spelled out the word “GUTS,” and each letter was a burning candle; when they all melted, Rodrigo made her entrance.

I wish I could go back in time and relive the entire experience again.

In total, she sang 23 songs from both GUTS and SOUR, as well as one song from her deluxe album, and the concert was around one hour and 30 minutes long. Her opening song was “bad idea, right?” which was amazing. I don’t remember much about the song because I was just so excited to be at the concert. The next few songs she played included “ballad of a homeschooled girl,” “vampire,” “traitor,” and “drivers license.” By the end of “drivers license,” my voice was already gone because of how loudly we were all singing. 

The rest of the songs she sang included “teenage dream,” “pretty isn’t pretty,” “love is embarrassing,” “making the bed,” “logical,” “enough for you,” “lacy,” “jealousy, jealousy,” “happier,” “favorite crime,” “deja vu,” “the grudge,” “brutal,” “obsessed,” “all-american b*tch,” “good 4 u” (encore), and “get him back!” (encore). 

She also played her song “Can’t Catch Me Now” from The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes. This song was not on her set list, so before she sang it, she asked the audience if they liked The Hunger Games, and the entire crowd went crazy.

During “logical” and “enough for you,” she was on a floating moon that went in a loop over the crowd. She stopped right in front of our seats and was talking to the crowd, and while she was there, she sang “Happy Birthday” to a girl who had a sign asking her to. The moon was really cool, and I was very impressed that she was able to sing two songs while floating in the air.

Overall, Rodrigo is an amazing performer with an incredible voice. I wish I could go back in time and relive the entire experience again. If anyone has the chance, I would urge them to go to the Guts World Tour; even if you are not a fan, you will surely leave the concert at least liking her and her music a little bit more.