The secrets that I keep: the little things that keep life simple

This is Frank. I love Frank. He is not mine, but I still love him to death.

Quite frequently, the people around me point out my interests and ways of life.

Not pointed out cruelly or rudely, but the differences that I have between myself and my friends are pointed out very often. From the way that I dress to the way that I behave, almost every aspect of myself sets me apart from my friends.

The majority of my friends’ interests contain more girly and “normal” interests that have brought them closer together since they have things in common. I, on the other hand, have a majority of opposite interests and ways of living my life.

I’m not like that to “be different,” but rather to better express my opposing and opposite interests and live joyously. Living a joyous life for me is not living a life that other people dictate.

Many people that I know have told me that they believe the same thing, to not let people dictate their lives, and yet it is clearly visible that that is simply not true. They have unknowingly conformed to society and become the same as their peers around them, therefore their lives have been dictated by others.

I am different from my friends. I dress lazily. No, lazily isn’t the right word. Although I know that is what my peers and those who see me think of my outfits sometimes. I do oftentimes end up wearing just an oversized shirt and sweatpants or leggings. But if they look a bit more closely, they’ll notice the Harley Davidson dealership or rock band on the oversized shirts.

The shirts stand for my passions, my interests, and the little things that I enjoy that shape who I am. Those little things that I enjoy are what help me keep my life simple. My obsession with cats even though I can’t have one, my favorite movie, rock music, my fascination with motorcycles, and the way I dress. Focusing on not losing those little things that I love so much has helped keep me focused on what matters to me.

Keeping my life simple is having little interests and not over-complicating things.

Keeping my life simple is having little interests and not overcomplicating things. Having many interests and things that you admire or like to do will lead to a well-rounded life and having more in common with more people, but I like connecting with people who are different from me. I like having my special little things about myself that aren’t exactly the same.

Those little things help me focus on not distracting myself with things that don’t matter to me. Those things might matter to other people and be what they expect of me to like or be like, but I like my little things, and that is never going to change.

When it comes to my life being simple, it isn’t just based on my interests. My routines, ideas, and ways of life also qualify as simple. Not overcomplicating my schedule or daily routines has helped keep me satisfied with my life and kept me much happier. Ever since I began to focus on the parts of my life and interests that truly matter and that I am passionate about, I have been more satisfied with myself and the little things about me.

At its core, a simple life is about prioritizing what truly matters and finding joy in the little things. It’s about slowing down, savoring each moment, and appreciating the special things about yourself.