Chappell Roan’s Coachella Debut was something to remember

Chappell Roan in her butterfly outfit during Coachella weekend two.

Chappell Roans Coachella’s debut was nothing short of stellar; her recent ascent in pop stardom has been happening rapidly since the release of her album The Rise and Fall of a Midwest Princess.

Coachella a huge festival celebrating the music and arts is a big deal to perform at. Having had other headliners this year like Lana Del Ray, Doja Cat, and Tyler the Creator; this is a big deal for Chappell Roan’s career. People from all around flock to the expensive festival with insanely overpriced food and leave with great memories and dust-related health conditions from the festival in the desert. Petty downsides aside, the festival is amazing and people should go if they get the chance. Coachella is an amazing opportunity for self-expression and just to meet new people.

Chappell Roan had an amazing show presence before Coachella, having seen her live earlier this year, her voice sounds even better in person, and her fun energetic vibes seem to lift everyone’s mood. Her Coachella debut blew her previous live shows out of the water with her amazing performances, makeup, and outfits. Those who had not already known about her do after her insanely eye-catching performances during the first and second weekend of Coachella.

Chappell took the Gobi Tent at Coachella on Friday of both weekends at 5:30 pm, playing some of her hit songs from her album The Rise and Fall of a Midwest Princess, like Red Wine Supernova and her new single Good Luck, Babe! Along with her incredible performances that showcased her insane talent, she also had some hilarious commentary that left fans more in love with her than before. 

Roan’s outfit and makeup were something to remember during her performances. Her usual performance style is based on drag influences and many consider it a sort of glampy camp meets couture look. People can call her style whatever they want but everyone can agree that it is unique and amazing and does a good job of reflecting her music, personality, and performance style. 

Roan’s outfit and makeup were something to remember during her performances. Her usual performance style is based on drag influences and many consider it to be a sort of glampy camp meets couture look.

During the first weekend, Roan wore a sort of leotard bodysuit that said “Eat Me”, along with black studded bottoms and leopard print tights, and a plethora of accessories. Her makeup was insane and encapsulated the drag look that inspired her. In a Vogue article on the event and Coachella’s looks, it is stated that “The beauty look—a true collaboration between Roan and Davy—took three hours of careful painting to fully complete.” Donni Davy, Chappell Roan’s makeup artist did a phenomenal job that matched Roan’s performance narrative.

The second weekend of Roan’s performance made the first-weekend outfit look like nothing. Her outfit blew people away, Chappell dressed as a huge sequined and glittery butterfly with a hidden rabbit face on her leotard. The outfit was phenomenal and perfectly displayed her style in an extravagant manner.

Chappell Roan’s Coachella debut left new and former fans stunned. Between her performances, both funny and bold statements, makeup, and phenomenal outfits Roan made her mark at Coachella. The rising pop star is well on her way to becoming a memorable one in the music industry, and hopefully, we might even see her headlining next year.