The trending trends of summer

pintrest
    a cute sun drawn into the sand

After returning from spring break, the only thing on my mind is the upcoming summer. I fantasize about the school-free time, filled with adventures and warm air. I nearly obsess about what I will be doing, going, and wearing. 

With each summer, new things pop up as trending. Last summer, varieties of social media carried trends around the Era’s tour, which was in the United States last summer, the second season of The Summer I Turned Pretty, and so much more that I can’t even list it. This summer, we have returning trends, along with brand-new ones. 

Firstly, Digital cameras are all the rage. The 90s and early 2000s look is just what many people desire. They range from real cameras to plastic ones, both giving different but aesthetic looks. I personally have a digital camera, and although I’ve had it for years, just started putting it to use on spring break. 

On things to do, there are crafts and activities like that trend in TikToks daily. The two biggest things that have been trending are bikini boxes and pickleball. Bikini boxes are a simple craft consisting of wooden crates and paint. You take paint designs, mostly beachy, and paint them along the exterior of the box and create an aesthetically pleasing storage bin for bikinis, and all sorts of things. Pickleball is an ever-rising activity that has become a new trend in the past few years. The idea of going to a court and playing pickleball is something people are deciding to do considerably more. My friends even just texted me about a late-night pickleball game we are trying to plan. The aesthetic, preppy activity is a perfect way to stay off the couch this summer, while not running a full marathon. 

In hairstyles, bobs are making a comeback. Although they aren’t for everyone, it has been trending on TikTok to get a bob for the summer. The short hairstyle leaves for easier styling each way, and less hair flying around when you’re driving with your windows down, or speeding by on a boat. Other hairstyles trending include bubble braids, which have been popular for a while now, and countless other timeless styles. 

For clothes, it is hard to count all the trends because there are so many different style varieties. On my page, I have the Ralph Lauren American flag sweater trending. Most purchase dupe, cheaper versions, but almost identical to the original. The sweater is another timeless piece, with a simple, old-money design while still being subtly preppy. It can be paired with any outfit: skirts, leggings, jeans, or shorts. Another trending piece of clothing is maxi dresses. This trend has continued for the past few months and spring break. A maxi dress is a perfect item for a comfortable piece that you can style up or down. They are cute for any occasion whether it is a graduation party or a mid-morning brunch. Many other styles have been surface-breaking, but it depends on whether you are a coastal grandmother, preppy, or any other style you associate yourself with.