2017 Student Council Q&A – Noah Stout

Name: Noah Stout
Grade: Sophomore
1.) Why did you decide to run for Vice President?
“At the end of freshman year, I ran for treasurer because I wasn’t pleased with how our student council was functioning. I won, and this year the student council and I had a lot of success, in my opinion. This year I’m going to take the step up into a vice president role, hoping to continue this year’s successes.”

2.) What do you hope to accomplish if elected?
“I hope to use some of my experience from last year’s student council and the knowledge of what does and doesn’t work to have more success in school-wide competitions by encouraging more participation by students.”

3.) If you could push for one change at FHC, what would it be?
“If I could push for one change at FHC, I would push for more participation in school-wide events. A lot of people believe in the stigma that being involved is nerdy and uncool. But everyone who has helped out in the past two years know just how much fun being involved can be. I hope more people make that realization so we have a stronger bond as a class and have more success.”

4.) What extra-curricular activities are you involved in?
“This year I was a part of the football team, ski team, and track team. I took stats for JV basketball, was a partner on the Special Olympics basketball team, and was a Project Charlie leader. All in addition to being a very active and involved member on our student council. I hope to be able to continue with these extracurriculars along with pursuing good grades.”

5.) What traits do you think successful leaders possess?
“Successful leaders possess confidence and energy, creativity and originality, and are kind and encouraging.”

6.) Anything else you would like to say to potential voters?
“I’d like to point out that by electing me, you’re electing someone who has a good grasp of what their goals in Student Council are. Having a years experience, I feel as though I can be more efficient and successful than otherwise. Also, I’d like to say that Student Council is not a application stuffer for me. I truly do this because I love what Student Council is about, and my competitive drive leads me to help lead our class to greater achievements.”