Boys freshman basketball shoots past Cedar Springs 58-29

The boys freshman basketball team won its third straight conference match against the Red Hawks of Ceder Springs 58-29 last night.

Another high-scoring game from freshman Jacob Bonnett, who had 16 points, led his team to an impressive start to make the final score at the end of the quarter 19-8. The same scoring carried on into the second, as FHC put up another 9 points to expand the lead to 28-16.

Cedar Springs attempted to spring out of the locker room with enough energy to turn the game around after halftime, but they couldn’t manage to break past the Rangers’ impressive all-around defense. Head coach Adam Monroe didn’t hesitate for a second and instilled another quarter of heavy intensity and fast-paced gameplay. FHC fought hard and was rewarded again and again, as they boosted the score to 44-24 by the end of the third quarter and 59-29 at the end of regulation.

Freshman Rhosias Arius, who put up 8 points, led the team in rebounds on both ends of the court. Freshman Conner Milton also helped by putting up a career-high 11 points against the Red Hawks.

“To have back-to-back games when we lead by 25 and 29 points against conference teams is unbelievable,” Monroe said after the game.

This win pushed the freshman boys record to 7-2 in regular play and 3-0 in the OK White. Their next game is against Lowell on Tuesday, Jan. 15.