TCT’s The Countless Thanks 2023: Lily Bouma

My family- for getting me where I am today

Mom- Thank you for being there to help me whenever I am stressed. You have always been there whenever I needed you; you always comfort me when something happens. I don’t know if I would be here today if you didn’t give your all to make me happy. Dad- Thank you for raising me to be the Taylor Swift-loving girl I am today. You have always encouraged me to be the best I can be for myself and others. You have taught me how to be strong during hardships. You showed me that I am worth everything, and I love you so much for that.

BreThank you for keeping me grounded when I am being dramatic. You would drop anything for me, even though you live across the country. I appreciate everything you do from afar; you’re always there for me when I need you the most. Steve- Thank you for loving me as if I were your child. You have shown me that blood doesn’t always matter regarding family. For the ten years you have been in my life, you have helped me whenever I needed and given me all the love you physically can. Shaun- Thank you for protecting me from such a young age. Whenever I was upset because someone was being mean to me, you would show off your strength and abilities to ensure people knew to not mess with me. You always put as much energy into caring about other people’s stories, even when they are so unbelievably stupid. Grandma and Grandpa- Thank you for raising me. You have

always put so much into me and my siblings, even though we aren’t your children. You cared for me whenever my mother couldn’t; I wouldn’t have gotten so far without you two. Mema- Thank you for teaching me all you know. You have shown me all your favorite things, so we have something to do together.  Gardening with you has shown me that not all dirty hands gross me out. I love chasing the butterflies with you and getting my pants while walking in the water with you. Thank you for showing me the beautiful parts of this world.

Eva LaBeau- for being my other half

Thank you for staying in my life after 12 years of craziness. Although we haven’t always been in each other’s lives, you have returned whenever I needed you the most. You have shown me the meaning of having a best friend. I appreciate everything you do for me, whether you dry my tears when I cry or make me laugh until I can’t breathe.

Megan Boersema- for being a child with me

Thank you for singing and dancing with me whenever I need to release energy. I love the moments when we can work together, even though we don’t get that much work done. You are a ray of light in my world; your smile can light up any room you walk into.

Katie Cushman- for fueling my (indecisive) mind

Thank you for going on spontaneous adventures with me. I love it when we go shopping together; I could spend hours creating outfits in our minds. Your bubbly personality and sense of humor always make me laugh. You are so supportive of everything I do. I love you.

Natalie Moore- for making life sweet

Thank you for being the sweetest thing on this planet. You are the kindest soul I have ever met; being with you feels like all my problems aren’t there. You always know just what to say when someone is feeling down. 

Meghan Bonney- for joking around with me

Thank you for always laughing with me about jokes that aren’t that funny. I feel off the positive energy that surrounds you all the time. I love the few times we see each other because they are always filled with joy and excitement.

Liv Rainey- for keeping me entertained

Thank you for helping me survive English 11. Without you, I would’ve been very, very miserable. Sitting next to you in WFP makes my day; we always laugh about the most minor things, Chino Paca, for example. You are so much fun to be around, and I appreciate our time together.

Zero hour- for fueling my love of music

Thank you for starting my day off right. Mr. Ivory- You have always created the most comfortable classroom environment by listening to our stories or engaging in serious conversations about important topics. You always make us feel heard. Mary Holtgreive- I love walking into school with you; you always listen to my complaints about the morning before. You are one of the funniest people to talk to, and I appreciate every time you make me laugh. Sarah Hughes- Walking to the library with you every day between zero and the first-hour last year was my favorite. You are one of the kindest people I have ever met. Paige Harsevoort- You are one of the most entertaining people to talk to. You are filled with passion and kindness and provide the most engaging conversations. Gia Monterusso- You are the funniest person I have ever met. There are so many memories of us laughing together about the randomest things. Josie Butler- You are among the most talented people I have ever met. Your voice is the most beautiful thing I have ever heard. You are so funny and so much fun to be around. Eshana Kaur- I love listening to your debates with Mr. Ivory; they are entertaining. Complaining about AP Psych with you is one of my favorite moments during the hour. Liam Bennett- You say the funniest things sometimes, even if they don’t make much sense. I enjoy our conversations about the most random things. Keegan Redmond- You have one of the most unique personalities I have ever witnessed. Any talk with you is filled with various topics; it never gets boring.

Mrs. Anderson- for showing me how to express myself

Thank you for introducing me to the beautiful language of ASL. Without you, I wouldn’t have found a way to communicate in such an emotional and expressive way. Not only that, you have one of the most caring personalities of a teacher. You have continuously shown the care you hold for your students. I have always felt listened to when talking with you.