Disney’s re-release of the Oswald the Lucky Rabbit series has been one of their best ideas

Disneys re-release of the Oswald the Lucky Rabbit series has been one of their best ideas

Back in September, Disney decided to re-release the original episodes of the “Oswald the Lucky Rabbit” series, originally created in the 1920s. 

The re-release came with two episodes, “All Wet” and “Trolley Troubles”, both of which included Oswald getting in and out of trouble in different situations. 

I started off watching the “All Wet” episode, which was possibly the cutest thing I’ve ever seen. It starts off with Oswald the Lucky Rabbit selling his hot dogs on the beach. I couldn’t tell if they were miniature dogs or if they were just plain out alive, but either way, it was cute. 

Oswald then sees this very pretty other rabbit and decides to close down his hot dog stand in hopes of getting her attention. She wants absolutely nothing to do with him, and so he tries to impress her with his manliness. In the end, he might not have totally impressed her with his acting, but through his kindness. Even though it was intended for children, it didn’t fail to keep my attention the whole time.

Watching this short story was so nostalgic. It reminded me of the times in my childhood when Disney would put the Mickey and Minnie Mouse short stories in between advertisements. The art style was so cute and the animation was bubbly and interactive; the creators managed to keep the story interesting and funny without the use of sound or color. 

I then continued onto the other release: “Trolley Troubles.” This episode consisted of Oswald the Lucky Rabbit’s adventures as a trolley conductor, where many problems were in store. 

Even though it was intended for children, it didn’t fail to keep my attention the whole time.

The story went through Oswald’s many troubles, including the stalling of the trolley, the load being too heavy, and the abnormal shapes the track held. I can confidently say that, even with its old age, the craziness of this episode still retains a sense of humor. 

The abnormality of the track wasn’t the only thing that made me laugh; the large number of passengers on the ride also held a significant component to my enthrallment. There were about 100 tiny animals that were pushed into the top of the trolley, to the point where it morphed into a whole new shape. It was the little things throughout the clips that showed the detail that went into the creation of these short stories. 

Even at its earliest ages, Disney has been able to create sources of entertainment for all kinds of people, whether the direction of focus is for children or adults seeking the nostalgia of their childhood.

Although I didn’t grow up at the time of its original release, I’m sure I would’ve held the same amount of praise for the adorable TV show if I did.

The drawing and entertainment styles of the 1920s are so fun, and it really shows through the episodes. This series is filled with a sense of creativity and overall positive energy. I was entertained while watching the six-minute short clips, and I’m sure many other people would be too.