In the presence of friends, Logan Tiggleman lives his life through adventure

Logan skating at Rosa Parks Ice Circle with Ian and Kayla

Whether it be by going out to eat or just hanging out while watching a movie, junior Logan Tiggleman finds solace in the presence of his closest friends. 

“I love going to Culver’s with my friends after school events,” Logan said. “Everyone usually shows up. The food at Culver’s is so good, and it’s always a good time socially. I have heard and told so many stories in those booths.”

His socializing doesn’t stop just at eating food and watching movies; Logan has had many memories made with his friends. One memory that stands out the most for Logan is his adventure to Rosa Parks Circle—the ice skating rink in downtown Grand Rapids.

With the mixture of late-night activity and cheap skates at the rink, Logan was able to create not only a mental memory but also a nearly physical one.

“My favorite memory with my friends is probably going ice skating with [junior] Kayla [Quach] and [sophomore] Ian [Tyrrell],” Logan said. “It was super last minute because I had just found out that the Rosa Parks Circle Ice Rink had a super late closing time.”

We have been through so much together, and I’m sad my favorite class, the seniors, are graduating this spring.

— Logan Tiggleman

Whether it be through school or sports, Logan has always been good at making connections with people. He strives to create an open environment for all that he meets.

Through his love of swimming, Logan has created eternal bonds with his swim and dive teammates and dreads the day that his beloved friends, the seniors, have to leave. 

“I have bonded most with the swim team,” Logan said. “There’s only 16 of us, and we all care for each other like siblings. We have been through so much together, and I’m sad my favorite class, the seniors, are graduating this spring.”

With his senior year impending, Logan has had to make decisions about where to continue his educational career and where that might lead him socially.

Logan plans on attending a college farther away, which may put a strain on his current relationships with friends, but he hopes to create new memories and bonds.

“Hopefully, I will make new friends at college,” Logan said. “I plan to go far away out West, and I’m so scared I won’t find people as good as my friends now. If not, I’ll drop out and work at a grocery store for the rest of my life.”

He is making up for the time he will spend away in the near future by experiencing things to the fullest with his friends. Logan isn’t letting his future distance bother his life at the moment: he attended the Winterfest dance with junior Grace Berlin.

“I went to Winterfest with Grace,” Logan said. “We went to Tupelo Honey for dinner, and it was so good. I got fried chicken, which did not settle in my stomach well; then, we went to the dance. It was low-key lame—then, we met up with some other friends at Grace’s house to sleep over, which was a hoot and a half.”

Logan has dreams of traveling across the country with his best friends, traversing the mountains of various states. Being able to join one of his favorite things to do, hiking through the mountains, with the presence of close friends, sounds like a dream come true.

“I really want to go on a road trip,” Logan said, “in the mountains of Colorado or Utah with just my friends. Hiking is one of my favorite things to do, especially in the Rockies; adding my friends on top of that would be the most fun thing.”

Logan spends most of his free time when he isn’t swimming or rowing with the people who seem just like family. He lives in the moment to make sure he is always fulfilling his life surrounded by the ones he cares about the most.

“I always like making last-minute, on-the-fly plans,” Logan said, “and I like just hanging out and doing what sounds fun at the moment.”