Aveda’s Botanical Repair treatment has done wonders for the health of my hair

Avedas whole Botanical Repair hair line.
Aveda’s whole Botanical Repair hair line.

I was previously told I couldn’t apply any bleach to my hair until I did Aveda’s Botanical Repair treatment; It’s safe to say that it is worth every penny.

For the roughly 30 minutes it took to do the treatment, there were various products put in my hair. I can’t remember what exactly they were but I know there was shampoo, conditioner, and a spray, all of which worked to make my hair feel 10x softer than before. 

It started off with just washing my hair with the Botanical Repair shampoo and conditioner set, then sprayed this spray that I’m not really sure what it was. 

After dying my hair in eighth grade, my hair got so extremely damaged, especially because it was all box dye. I then tried to go back to my natural blonde after years of dying it practically black, which made it so much worse. Ever since, I have done whatever I could to get my hair blonde again like it was when I was younger, but it was far too damaged.

That’s when I was introduced to the Botanical Repair treatment at the Aveda salon. Just by one treatment session, my hair is now healthy enough to do whatever I want to it.

Even being done by a cosmetology student, the whole thing is very professional and comfortable. 

The Botanical Repair treatment is a plant-powered bond-building flash treatment that works to strengthen and repair the hair molecules from within. It has ingredients such as avocado, green tea, and sacha inchi oils that all work together to smooth, detangle, and prevent breakage, which I can testify that it does all of that. Since the treatment is derived from plants, it has the ability to protect and shield the hair from future breakage. 

All of these components make it seem impossible to be affordable, but that is definitely not the case at all. The whole treatment, including hair oiling, washing, and styling, all come out to be a cheap price of 23 dollars. There is absolutely no harm in indulging for that low of a cost, especially given how expensive most hair appointments come out to maybe double or triple of that. A person getting the treatment also has the option to add on a haircut for the low price of 18 dollars, which is also a very reasonable price. 

The whole experience in itself is also very calming. It starts off with your hairdresser administering a scalp massage with what I think is tea tree oil, which is so amazing for the hair being extremely moisturizing and detoxifying. Even being done by a cosmetology student, the whole thing is very professional and comfortable. 

I haven’t yet gone back to the school to get my hair highlighted for the summer, but I’m certain that it will finally pass the strand test after countless attempts to do so.

I think it is safe to say that I will definitely do the treatment again, given how amazing the results were the first time. My hair feels like it has never been touched by a box of hair dye in its whole existence, which is an amazing improvement considering how bad it was before.